Welcome to The Ethereum Wiki,
the gentle guide to the Ethereum ecosystem maintained by the Ethereum community.
Established Mar 6 2017
Ethereum is a world computer running on 7693+ computer nodes distributed worldwide. The Ethereum network runs on a blockchain secured by miners executing a Proof of Work consensus algorithm, with plans to move to a Proof of Stake consensus algorithm.
Small programs called smart contracts are run in exactly the same way on each of these nodes.
Further information at What is Ethereum.
Ethereum Related Projects
- Akasha – A next-generation social media network.
- Aragon – Run your company on Ethereum.
- Augur – Prediction markets.
- ChronoBank – Time based currency for labour.
- Codetract – USD and Gold backed tokens.
- Colony – Build companies online.
- Cosmos – Creating a network of blockchains.
- Edgeless – Transparent 0% edge gambling using smart contracts.
- Etherplay – Play games for a small fee.
- Ethlance – Freelance service market on Ethereum.
- Firstblood – Play eSports with Ethereum based tokens.
- Gnosis – Prediction markets.
- Golem Worldwide Supercomputer – Building an open-source decentralised supercomputer.
- King of the Ether – Smart contract based pyramid scheme.
- Lunyr – Ethereum-based decentralized crowdsourced encyclopedia.
- Ledger Nano S
- Serto Self-sovereign identity system on Ethereum.