TheEthereum.wiki stands as the premier community-run repository for information on Ethereum, created by enthusiasts seeking to establish a definitive resource for both new and seasoned users. By crowdsourcing knowledge, we aim to deliver precise, up-to-date insights into Ethereum’s capabilities and ecosystem encompassing decentralized finance, autonomous organizations, NFTs, and more.
The Ethereum network pioneers smart contract functionality, serving as a decentralized global platform for self-executing agreements encoded into lines of code. By combining unwavering reliability with censorship resistance, Ethereum empowers developers to create decentralized applications and organizations.
Following the milestone Merge upgrade in September 2022, Ethereum transitioned from an energy-intensive Proof of Work consensus model to a more efficient Proof of Stake system. This preserves the network’s security while dramatically improving sustainability through a distributed network of validator nodes. The number of nodes fluctuates organically, exemplifying the scalable and adaptive nature of Ethereum.
Leveraging these innovations, Ethereum aims to establish novel financial primitives, assets, markets, and business models without centralized oversight. TheEthereum.wiki serves as a leading community-managed resource assisting both new and experienced users in understanding this rapidly evolving ecosystem. Contributors collaborate to deliver accurate, up-to-date insights on Ethereum’s technological capabilities and real-world applications.
Getting Started with Ethereum
New to Ethereum? Here are some great starting points:
- Introduction to Ethereum – An overview of Ethereum’s key concepts and components like accounts, transactions, gas, and miners.
- Setting Up an Ethereum Wallet – Step-by-step guide on creating and setting up an Ethereum wallet to store ETH and interact with the network
- Developing with Ethereum – Resources for building your own decentralized applications using the Ethereum blockchain.
- Buying Your First Ether – A beginner’s guide to purchasing ETH through crypto exchanges or brokers
- Ethereum Mining – A basic explanation of how Ethereum mining works and how new ETH enters circulation
- Deploying Your First dapp – A tutorial on deploying a basic decentralized Ethereum application and making it accessible
- Ethereum Gas and Fees – Explaining the concepts of gas, gas price and network fees on Ethereum
- Ethereum Scalability Solutions – An intro to solutions like sharding, rollups etc. aimed at improving Ethereum scalability
- Introduction to Ethereum Wallets – A beginner’s guide to different types of Ethereum wallets and how to use them
- Public keys, private keys and wallet addresses – A beginner’s guide to public keys, private keys and Wallets
- The Merge – ETH 2.0 explained
- Proof of Work (PoW)
- Proof of Stake (PoS)
- ERC 20 Token Standard – Explaining the ERC 20 Token Standard
- Understanding Cryptonomics and Ethereum – A basic explanation of Cryptonomics and Ethereum
- Best ERC20 Wallets – An overview of all the ERC20 Wallets
- Ledger Nano S Review – A Review of the popular Ledger Nano S
- Ledger Nano X Review – A Review of the popular Ledger Nano X
- Remix Documentation – Remix is an open source web and desktop application
- Resolving Synchronization Errors on Ledger – Resolve the Error on Ledger Live
- The DAO Refund – Refunds of the Decentralized fund hacked
- Golem Network Token – The Golem Network Token (GLM) powers a decentralized peer-to-peer marketplace for computing power on the Ethereum blockchain.
- Top Ethereum Tokens – List of the TOP Ethereum Tokens
- Different Units Used in Ethereum – The different Units on Ethereum
- Securing your Ethereum node RPC from hackers – Keep save from hackers
Latest Ethereum News
- Reddit Communities – Follow the discussion on r/Ethereum, r/EthTrader, and r/EthDev.
- Newsletters – Subscribe to Week in Ethereum for regular updates.
- ICO Calendar – Keep up with the latest ICO offerings.
- News – Check out our News Pages aswell.
Popular Ethereum Projects
Hundreds of teams are building groundbreaking applications on Ethereum in areas like finance, identity, supply chain, charity, prediction markets, and more. Some notable projects include:
- Uniswap (UNI) is the governance token of the Uniswap decentralized exchange protocol.
- MakerDAO (DAI) is the stablecoin and governance token of the MakerDAO lending platform.
- Aave (AAVE) is the governance token of the Aave decentralized lending protocol.
- 1INCH (INCH) is the utility token of the 1inch decentralized exchange aggregator.
- Curve Finance (CRV) is the governance token of the Curve Finance decentralized exchange.
- The Sandbox (SAND) is the utility and governance token of The Sandbox gaming virtual world.
- Decentraland (MANA) is the currency used in the Decentraland 3D virtual reality platform.
- Chromia (CHR) is the native token used to pay fees on the Chromia blockchain application platform.
- Chainlink (LINK) is the native token of the Chainlink decentralized oracle network.
- Axie Infinity (AXS) is the governance token for the Axie Infinity blockchain-based game.
See the Ethereum Projects page for a more complete listing.
Contributing to the Ethereum Wiki
The Ethereum Wiki is a community-led effort. We welcome any contributions that help improve information around the Ethereum ecosystem!
To get started:
- Browse existing content and make edits where you can add or clarify information
- Review open tasks and projects in our Editors TODO page
- Open a new page for an Ethereum-related topic that isn’t already covered
- Fix issues or add information to stub articles
- Help translate content into other languages
Let’s build the definitive information resource for all things Ethereum together! Please reach out on the Ethereum Wiki Discord if you have any other questions.