Welcome to The Ethereum Wiki,
the gentle guide to the Ethereum ecosystem maintained by the Ethereum community.
Established Mar 6 2017
Ethereum is a world computer running on 7693+ computer nodes distributed worldwide. The Ethereum network runs on a blockchain secured by miners executing a Proof of Work consensus algorithm, with plans to move to a Proof of Stake consensus algorithm.
Small programs called smart contracts are run in exactly the same way on each of these nodes.
Further information at What is Ethereum.
- Introduction To Ethereum – Resources
- Accounts, Addresses, Public And Private Keys, And Tokens
- FAQ – Frequently Asked Questions
- Network Ports, Files And Directories
- The DAO Refunds
- ERC20 Tokens
- Natural Units
- Ethereum.StackExchange.com and FAQ
- Developers – Resources
- How To Develop With Ethereum?
- Remix, previously known as Browser Solidity
- Smart Contract Best Practices
- Sample Smart Contract Source Code
- Ether.Camp Contracts Page
- Etherchain Light – private blockchain explorer
Technical Documents, Specifications & Resources
- White Paper
- Yellow Paper
- ERC20 Token Standard
- Contract ABI
- Sharding FAQ, Proof of Stake FAQ
Ethereum Related Projects
- Akasha – A next-generation social media network.
- Aragon – Run your company on Ethereum.
- Augur – Prediction markets.
- Balanc3 – Triple-Entry Accounting on Ethereum.
- ChronoBank – Time based currency for labour.
- Codetract – USD and Gold backed tokens.
- Colony – Build companies online.
- Cosmos – Creating a network of blockchains.
- CryptoDerivatives.Market – Decentralised ETH/token exchange contract market.
- Decentralized Capital – Fiat currency on Ethereum.
- Digix – Gold backed tokens on Ethereum.
- Edgeless – Transparent 0% edge gambling using smart contracts.
- Etherplay – Play games for a small fee.
- Ethlance – Freelance service market on Ethereum.
- Etherisc – Flight Delay Insurance Policies.
- Firstblood – Play eSports with Ethereum based tokens.
- FreeMyVunk – Trade your virtual objects.
- Giveth – Building the Future of Giving.
- Gnosis – Prediction markets.
- Golem Worldwide Supercomputer – Building an open-source decentralised supercomputer.
- King of the Ether – Smart contract based pyramid scheme.
- Lunyr – Ethereum-based decentralized crowdsourced encyclopedia.
- Reality Keys
- The Rudimental
- uPort Self-sovereign identity system on Ethereum.
Backup of the mediawiki SQL data and images can be found at https://theethereum.wiki/backup/